Friday, October 17, 2008

It is really a nightmare!


Yesterday I received a meeting invitation fr. Lao Ta, requested to attend a so called HXXXS project at 1:30pm today.

Upon received the invitation, I went to ask him what is HXXXS project. His reply is as simple as “I will explain in the kick off”.

Since his reply is so simple, than the only thing which I can do is waiting.

During the kick off, I just noticed that I am the smallest one in the meeting room...not in term of body size, but is in term of my position and job title...

Lao To presented some presentation slides to explain the target of the project…surprisingly “chat zai” is the targeted model.

My heart immediately sink down to the bottom of a deep blue sea...I worry something “bad” will happen on me!

Just in the 2nd last slides, my name is displayed...I am appointed to be the project leader for this project...almost fainted...don’t know what to say...

What kind of surprise?

I think the management should respect me at least to let me know before I go inside the meeting room. My mood become worse when informed by someone that they already have a target setting meeting with all the divisions few days ago...

I am the one NOT been invited.



2 comments:

klyap said...

Looks like a project committee left you holding the ball

klyap said...

Look like the target setting committees decided they had to pass the responsibility to someone. once read a comment about project/management committee. "A committee is a collection of the unfit appointed by the unwilling to perform the unnecessary". And your management picks someone the least senior to carry the ball.